2 April 2015 at 02:42:57 MDT
Wanted to make dinner for my parents on Tuesday, and had these recipes tabbed so I decided to give them a go!
A simple, quick, and tasty meal, it can all be prepped and cooked withing a 40 minute timespan!
Apricot Dijon Glazed Salmon
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix together the apricot, mustards, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger and garlic.
2. Slice the salmon fillet into portions and place on a sheet pan. Brush on the mixture and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the salmon becomes flaky.
3. Garnish with lime zest when serving.
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
1. Preheat the over to 400F. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients other than the carrots. In a larger bowl, place the carrots and half of the mixture, tossing to coat.
2. Arrange the carrots in a single layer across a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
3. When done, toss the cooked carrots in the remaining mixture and serve.
This recipe was served with brown rice that was cooked in a mix of water and vegetable stock. The salmon is cooked just enough to be done all the way through without drying out. The glaze gives it a sweet, yet tangy flavor that is accompanied well by the roasted carrots with their own natural sweetness when cooked.