CONGRATULATIONS everybody! We only have 7 days to fight the FCC & the repeal of #NetNeutrality! Thanks to John Oliver there's a SUPER easy way to do this. Do you enjoy Netflix? Do you find yourself spending too much time on FB? If net neutrality goes away, our Internet bills go up and we give power to companies like Comcast, Verizon, and Spectrum to control what information we can access.
Here's what you can do - takes less than a minute.
1. Go to www.gofccyourself.com
(the shortcut John Oliver made to the hard-to-find FCC comment page)
2. Click on the 17-108 link (Restoring Internet Freedom)
2. Click on "+Express"
3. Be sure to hit "ENTER" (or return key) on your keyboard after you put in your name, so it registers. (They make it a tad tricky there.)
4. In the comment section write, "I strongly support net neutrality backed by Title 2 oversight of ISPs."
5. Click to Review, then Submit, done. - Make sure you hit submit at the end!
Copy & paste to repost this, please, rather than ‘Share’-ing, as it will be seen by more people. (And if the "CONGRATULATIONS everybody" at the beginning confused you as it did me, it's utilizing a Facebook algorithm to make sure this post appears on more of your friends' feeds)
^Share this on your FB and social medias.
I can't do much being a non-US person. But the more Americans who see and do something about this the better it is.
It probably wont have super strong effects for me over in Oz directly because we actually have options in providers. But it's going to run hell on small businesses and sites for US folks and so much of those who buy things are USAians and well.. Yell at those government folks! Make them change it back!
Joined 23 May 2017