Back again, I am!
After really re-brushing up and getting sick a few times, finally got this little project done.
Low-poly modelling is surprisingly harder than I expected, and I am certainly rusty at it.
However, it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, and now I can get to work on the next project, which shouldn't take nearly as long!
As well, I've decided that each piece I make from this point forward has a small mini section for 'Things I've Learned With This Project'. It's mostly to catalogue my experiences, but if it helps any of you, all the better!
THINGS I LEARNED
-Concept art is KEY. 3D projects are far more tedious, especially when UV mapping, without it.
-Mixing organic rigs (binding skin to skeleton) alongside just normal 'parenting' rigs.
-How tails actually work! (They certainly do NOT flow like a cloth at all. Surprising that it took me this long to figure that out, given I'm a furry. I HAVE NO EXCUSE.)
-Low-poly is deceptively difficult. It looks easier, but it]really isn't.
Anyway folks, enjoy!
MechaBean is © the guy who vastly underestimated lower-polygon modeling and is paying the price in three different illnesses, me!