I got such a positive response to the Surfin' Bird that I'm building a bird puppet for myself. Same pattern, different colors, and employing a few different techniques and tricks while putting this guy together.
This time I'm getting the inner lining all sewn first and covering it with the fur pieces later. I find it easier to attack parts when I can turn the whole thing inside-out, and not having to worry about twisting the lining or working around eyes or head feathers helps immensely.
This is how WahKeen's body is coming together. I really like the color choice, and I tried a new way of attaching the legs, which I think worked very well.
He'll be the star of the next few streams, too, so come by and watch!