Close up of the latest version of fur on the Blythe model. You can see an example of the bald-spot problem that happens occasionally around the mouth. Really not sure what causes that. The color of the fur isn't great here, feels flat. I'm going to see how it looks if I switch back to PhongE-based shaders (which will probably take even longer to render.)
The bending and length of the fur isn't quite tailored for its surroundings perfectly in every case due to being expressed programmatically. I didn't groom or comb the hair but rather built an expression that moves the hair in a generally good looking way. That'll save me from having to manage grooming or doing a whole lot of work everytime I create a new model with fur or something. We'll see if I can find a way to reasonably clean up the problem spots, though.