I have recently taken up leather working! One of my buddies offsite commissioned me to make a sheath for his favorite hunting knife he forged (he's a blacksmith). I gladly accepted this challenge (would be my first leather project) and came out with this amazing beaut!
Stats of the sheath
- Custom Template was made to fit this knife exactly - there is not another one like it anywhere!
- Vegetable Tanned leather cut thick to make for a very sturdy construction!
- Trimmed edges for professional appearance as well as added comfort.
- 1 3/4 inch belt loop single piece construction for stability!
- Omitted snap at buyer's request
- Full length welt within sheath for superior protection from the blade!
- Stained with professional quality alcohol based dye three times for a deep seated, fade and water resistant color that will last years!
- Pre-oiled for longevity.
- Generous amount of professional grade Tan Kote to give a nice, gloss finish while also serving as a water proofer to keep the construction safe as well as dry!
- Double stitched along welt!
- Triple stitched along belt loop!
- High reaching handle sheath (requested by buyer) for extra stability as well as safety!
- Hand stamped scale and Celtic border along both sides of the sheath for a one of a kind design unique to this and only this sheath!
Sheath crafted by
I will consider any and all leather work commissions. I am just starting with this craft, but I will not allow any sub-par items to ever leave my shop, just as I do with my art! If you would like a quote, or have an idea that you'd like to see, please feel free to message me! My commissions for art as well as leather work are always open!