We are happy to say that the convention was a big success and would like to thank all who attended! Our very first year at a new and considerably larger hotel, and we ended up selling out all our beds. We even had several attendees who were late for signing up who ended up sleeping at a nearby hotel instead. In all we had an increase from last year from 273 to 392 registered attendees this year (an increase of over 40%), and in all 24 different countries were represented.
During the convention we raised a total of 53 675 SEK for this year's charity, Hittehund. This is a small organization which does important work, taking in and relocating dogs in need, and the money will make a real difference for their continued work and in the lives of many of our canine brethren. As we saw during the closing ceremony, your efforts were much appreciated, and they even posted a personal journal to their website recounting their experience with NordicFuzzCon: http://www.hittehund.nu/fantastiska-furries-nordicfuzzcon-org/
Here are some further highlights from this year's convention:
• This was the first year where we had our very own FuzzBus™, transporting attendees from the airport and train station directly to the hotel - and back again. Tickets for both the late departure and early arrival buses were sold out.
• We had a total of 184 registered fursuiters, so things were naturally busy in the fursuit photoshoot room. The pictures are now all up in our online gallery, together with the attendee and fursuit group pictures: http://galleries.nordicfuzzcon.org/
• The pointless button (found in the lobby) was pressed a total of 14 300 times.
• We managed to set the elevator on fire before the convention had officially opened, requiring the services of our good friends from the fire department. The elevator in question was sadly down for the remainder of the convention, but will return stronger than before next year.
• A disposable plastic cup with a doodled drawing on it sold for 5 500 SEK in the auction (with all proceeds going to charity), leaving our auctioneer speechless and our charity a bit happier.
• The Security Department got their very own mascot in the form of Bröööl Brölsøn (who's a mööse).
• Making its debut at this year's convention was the fursuit for our official cheese-loving mascot, Mausie! Lovingly crafted by Templa, and ready to take on the world - or at least an impressively large cheese wheel.
• As far as we know, none of our attendees attempted to drink the hand sanitizer liquid.
• Our guests of honour, EZwolf and EosFoxx, recorded a fursuit dance video at the convention together with our attendees. The video is now online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7zSu7wmWs
While the convention was successful there's always room for improvement, and we would love to hear from you if you have constructive criticism. If you attended but missed your opportunity to give feedback during the convention either through the feedback boxes or the feedback panel, we also have a section on our forum where you can give leave feedback: http://forum.nordicfuzzcon.org/topics/42-Feedback-2015
You can also leave links to your own photographs or videos from this year's convention for others to enjoy: http://forum.nordicfuzzcon.org/topics/43-Convention-Photos-and-Videos-2015
If you have any pictures from this year's NordicFuzzCon that you would like added to our official galleries, you can upload them to a ZIP or RAR file, and send the link to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the e-mail, also include your badge number and under what name you would like your pictures to be posted.
As for NordicFuzzCon 2016...
As we revealed during the closing ceremony, we will be returning to Utsikten Meetings as our hotel from March 3rd to March 6th. Our theme will be Atlantis: The Lost Paradise, and coming all the way from Malaysia to be our guest of honour is none other than the talented artist Silverfox (a.k.a. Silverfox5213)! For 2016 we are also introducing SUPER early arrival, for those who want to get a head start on the fun. More information on this offer will follow later. Our new website is scheduled to go online on June 13th, at 23:59:59. (Note that registration will open later still.)
While we wait, why not enjoy enjoy this animated trailer/prologue for NordicFuzzCon 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgActpDjM5c
~ Miles T.F. Baxxter
NordicFuzzCon Media Department