Just wanted to comment on this because it's such a weird incident and is now getting national media attention.
Needless to say, I'm shocked. I was there for the fire alarm at FurFright a few years ago... that was bad enough, so my heart goes out to anyone who was there for this event, which took it to a whole new (horrible) level. I don't know enough chemistry to know how dangerous this was, but chlorine can definitely be toxic at high enough concentrations. I really hope that this isn't becoming a trend, people doing things in the hotel stairwell at night to disrupt conventions.
By the way: Does anyone else remember people saying they smelled something weird when the alarm went off at FurFright? I don't know/remember if that was ever investigated. Please don't start any rumors or conspiracy theories over it. :-)
From what I've seen on journals, the con went on as usual today, which is good to hear. If there's anyone still in the hospital, I wish them a full and speedy recovery.
And I'll never laugh at those furs who walk around in gas masks again...
Joined 27 January 2013