Thanks for dropping by!
Although I don't see myself as someone who'll be regularly posting anything, I love to write and a lot of other stuff, so I guess I might post something random once in a while? Hope you enjoy your time here nonetheless, regardless of how much, or what I end up posting.
Since you might as well are here, here's some fun tidbits about me:
1) I was born in Singapore City, and raised in NYC, and hope someday to live in Montana or a costal place, or an island.
2) I love many things: cars, aircraft (definitely an avgeek), guns, gardening (chooses to only grow fruits, and vegetables), fishing, travel, sea-life/seashells, fish-keeping, bird-keeping (especially parrots), reptile-keeping, reading, writing, thinking, and swimming
3) I am a non-denominational Christian
4) My most favourite jet aircraft is either the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar (turbofan jet) or the De Havilland Comet (turbojet jet)
5) My most favourite turboprop propeller aircraft is either the Vickers Viscount, its successor the Vickers Vanguard, the Bristol Britannia or the Lockheed L-188 Electra
6) My most favourite piston propeller aircraft is either the Douglas DC-3, the entire family of Lockheed Constellation aircraft (L-049 Constellation, L-1049 Super Constellation, and L-1649 Starliner), the Douglas DC-7, or the Boeing 314 Clipper
7) My most favourite car is the 1971 Mercedes-Benz 220D (W115 line)
8) My most favourite aero warrior is either the Plymouth Superbird, or the Ford Talladega
9) My most favourite euro hyper-car is the Lamborghini Miura, or the Maserati Khamsin
10) Books I recommend include "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" by Anne Tyler, "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay, or "The Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri for those who like short stories
11) My most favourite parrot probably is the Regent Parrot (Polytelis anthopeplus) or the Turquoise Grass Parakeet (Neophema pulchellus)
12) My most favourite fish is the Vermiculate Wrasse (Macropharygodon bipartitus bipartitus)
13) My most favourite mollusk is probably either the Conchs, or the Cowries
14) My most favourite reptile is probably the green anole (Anolis carolinensis)
15) I think I have a hyperactive creative mind, so I'm usually an idea factory
16) I love mental exercises, hence thinking, as well as solving brainteasers
17) I'm incredibly friendly, so chances are you'll effortlessly become my friend if you want to
18) I really dunno why I didn't register as a user earlier than I actually did
20) I'm not a streamer, but you can check out my Mixer page
21) I am a registered member of The People's Cube; my username there is The People's Anthony Sullivan - unfortunately, you need to be logged in to a registered account there to see my profile, even though there's nothing on it
22) I may or may not have gotten carried away writing these tidbits; I'm truly most INCREDIBLY (not) sorry you had to read all of this
23) I'm not a social media type of person, so don't expect to find anything like that from me
24) Why are you reading this line? this isn't even a tidbit, let alone a fun one!!
One more thing - my internet friends, some of which I am blessed to be bros with; the following is said friends that are on this site:
Contains: bros <---- (This was styled off them allergen warnings on food labels)
Check them out!
Let me set one thing straight: I don’t ususally vent like this, being a heavily withdrawn person, but I am aware that a lot of people who visit my page may not be from New York City, and may desire a local’s perception into NYC life, its culture, and politics, and how they affect a local New Yorker who was raised almost his whole life in the city, someone like me.
Anyways, on with today’s rant/vent/report:
Fact: City residents pay more in taxes than residents of other parts of New York.
Fact: these already high taxes are still rising as we speak
Fact: many New Yorkers tired of these ridiculous taxes are moving away to places like Florida to not pay the unjustifiable bullshit taxes
I wish I can ignore it, but the Dear Mayor Bill De Blasio put out several tweets saying that taxes should be higher as a regulatory measure. Of course he didn’t say it like that, but he gave the gist of it (mainly by saying how “money is in the wrong hands” and such). Of course, how else to fix it by raising taxes?
Does he think the people who see it are stupid? Is he calling the dude who works minimum wage “rich”? Because he too is also paying these taxes, these “regulatory measures”. Why do councilmen and City Representatives like Melissa Mark-Viverito, and Ron Kim are staying silent on this? Because we all know where city taxes go. The City of New York puts them into government pension funds, and wages. Some go to the City Council, some the District Representatives, some to the District Attorneys, so on, and so forth.
But above all, they, of course, go to the mayor. And seeing how the mayor is the most vocal about it, we can see that the mayor needs more of our money.
Normally I’d go satirical writing stuff like this. But as I don’t think satire is my thing on journals, i think I’ll stay serious on here.
The City’s taxes are the highest in the state that I don’t even need to look it up to know that Long Island (excluding Queens, and Brooklyn, of course) has lower income taxes than here in the City. So thus, I’m further encouraged to find work away from the City
Let me make 1 thing clear: it is an encouraging reason, but NOT the original reason why i am working outside of the City. It was originally to escape my toxic family - because they’ve only known the City, they are unfamiliar with the Long Island east of them, i.e Nassau, and Suffolk counties. I am free from my dysfunctional family’s toxicity there. Ergo, I, a City resident, goes to work out of the City. Hudson Valley, and Westchester were potential out-of-city candidates, but I love the ocean, and decided to be near it when I work, and eventually move to out of the City. My final destination, whether North Dakota or an island, is after Long Island, and where is still up in the air.
But the mayor’s absurdities, and the City’s taxes are not exactly encouraging me to come back.
Joined 2 March 2018