Agua fresca, translated to "fresh water", is a refreshing drink that is a definite hit for hot summer days and sunsets. This recipe that I came across on the YouTube channel, TasteMade, uses watermelon for the fruit, but you can also use other melons or fruit for it depending on your preference!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
1. Remove the rind from the flesh of the melon and chop the flesh into roughly 1-2inch chunks
2. Add the chunks to a blender, and add an appropriate part of sugar to it, blending till smooth. (depending on how big your blender is, you may have to do this and the next couple steps a few times.)
3. Strain the watermelon mixer through a chinois or strainer with cheesecloth in it (You're not looking to get the pulp in the drink, but do your best to get as much juice out of that stuff as possible! Also, get the dawn and bleach ready if you're wearing white..)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all watermelon and sugar has been blended and strained.
5. Add lime juice and chopped mint and stir the mixture.
If you're wanting a more visual and entertaining version of this recipe, check out the video to it HERE!