I thought I'd introduce myself personally through the journal system.
I'm just settling into the site, I signed up about 20 minutes ago and so far this site looks to be exactly what I've been searching for.
To start things off, my name is Caitlin - I usually go by Caity or my nickname 'Juju' but it's up to you! I am 22 years old, and currently live in Ontario, Canada. I have put together a mini-interview below for people to become more familiar with who I am, and how I function as an artist.
What inspired you to become an artist - when did it all start?
- It started when I was a young kid going through Kindergarten as most kids learn. I would paint with my hands, trying to make flowers with the shape of them and often one of my teachers would help me make bugs out of them haha.
Where are you from?
- I was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario up until I was 12 years old. After that I moved up the highway to a city called Windsor due to high rent costs, and crowded areas. It took me some time to get adjusted to my new surroundings but I think it was for the best.
What art styles are you most in tune with?
- Digital, Traditional, and Photography - I'd explain how but I think the artwork is what does the talking for an artist.
Hobbies, what are they?
- My main hobbies are drawing, caring for my plants and pets at home, as well as a strong interest and passion for online gaming. I know I know, "but that's for people with no life", actually you'd be surprised how much better I've become at developing certain skills within myself such as my reading skills and speed. I also got inspiration from several of those games which I still carry with me today.
How many pets do you own, since you mentioned them?
- I currently am the proud mother of 4 Ball Pythons (Colby, Gleadr, Nova, and Linden), a cat named Mew, and a Bearded Dragon named Osterild.
What else could you say about yourself that others might be interested in knowing?
- Well, one of my greatest attributes is that I'm a kind-hearted person with an endless amount of passion for the things I love. I put others before myself, and will always try to make the other person feel better.
Hope you all enjoyed this, I had fun writing it! I'll be snooping the forums shortly to try and make new friends hehe. See you all then!