Hi everyone! Welcome to Weasyl!
I know this site is super new to a lot of you, and no doubt pretty dang confusing! I am by far no pro with it, but I really love it so far, and hope to help others joining in any way I can!
First off, I would really like to share this link, that provides some really useful information--much thanks to noiserut!
Second, I would highly like to stress anyone who has joined Weasyl, please put yourself in this database:
This way, not only can new users better find you, but also help YOU find people you wanna follow here, as well!
Third, with small edit: I would like to suggest people check out fancyowls tip journal, as well! It has some great info and links I've missed! : )
Let's help Weasyl out! Tips/Suggestions to keep it active!
All that out of the way, I would like to maybe suggest some tips/ideas to those who would like to help build up the Weasyl userbase. I understand many people legitimately want to leave FA, for good. But that is a very very hard thing to do if you need money as an artist, and even harder if people can't stick with it. 8(
First off, please do not harass, pester, or badtalk anyone who does not wish to leave FA. I haven't seen this yet, but I also do not want to see this. I've already gotten/seen nasty comments for people willingly choosing to leave that site, so please lead by example and don't give it back.
- Post! Obvious enough, by just BEING here to post, it's providing new content for people to work with.
- Interact! Try to comment/talk with people. IDK great thing about small communities is being able to connect better, right? I'm doing my best to take advantage of that, and being able to make conversation with people is really making it a pleasant experience so far. I already wanna stay!
- Offer extra stuff. A lot of people are offering free things, trades they wouldn't normally be open/offering, etc. I think this sorta thing also helps build the sense of compassion and community necessary for a place to flourish.
- Make certain content Weasyl exclusive.
- Open commissions here first, before FA (or other sites?)
- Have special, weasyl-only commission offers.
- Try to make a habit of commissioning artists through this site. Both artists and buyers are equally important in this. Artists wanting to make this place work will do a little extra to make it worth while, and buyers who would like to see this place kick off should do the same with meeting half way!
- Tell your friends! This is more than just a furry site (in fact, it's an everything site!) So maybe your artist friends would like to know about a new art site and nice community to build up?
- Have a problem/suggestion? Give it on the forums! I haven't tried this, but I have heard exceptionally good things about the administration for this site so far. And hey! Beta is still in the title for a reason, right?
- Suggested by FancyOwls: Post on weasyl a few days (or more) before you post to FA and remind people in the comment of that submission that you are doing so.
- Suggested by FancyOwls: Post cropped thumbnails advertising they can see the full version on weasyl.
- Suggest stuff to add to this list??
I am 100% for making this place work and build up. I have been really tired with FA even before this recent stuff, and have been considering look for a new art site to frequent as a home base for a while. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either! If you feel the same, work with me here! Let's really make Weasyl work guys! : ) /fistpump
P MUCH ANYONE ON THIS LIST, OF COURSE. THEY ARE ALL FREAKING AMAZING HOLY DANG!: https://www.weasyl.com/following/jotaku
But a few I would especially like to suggest, as just generally really huge sweeties as well as stellar artists:
Artists Suggested by others (check them out as well! : D):
Any suggestions to add? Artists you wanna show off?
MAYBE STUFF YOU JUST REALLY LIKE ABOUT THE SITE! :D
Throw them down below! <3
And lastly, thank you to everyone who has given me a really awesome experience here thus far! /kisses for all